8.2.16

Motivation Monday

 

Good Morning! 

Another Monday is here, another new day to start your week off fresh and positive! Put yourself in a new mindset, be kind to your body, mind and soul. If you had an indulging weekend (like myself) it's okay, it's Monday now, start over and do your week right! One bad meal (or several in my case) won't kill you. Life is about balance and being happy, not about restrictions and self guilt. 

Over these last couple of weeks it's like there has been a switch in my brain and I'm feeling good. I mean really good. My mood has improved, my energy levels are up and all around I'm feeling great. 

Last week we even had a few bumps in the road and I was able to recover quite quickly from it. A month ago I would have dwelled about it and literally made myself sick from overthinking and my anxiety. 

So as we all know last week I wanted to take part of the "perfect week" and it went pretty well up until Friday! Ha! Weekends always get me! As much as I enjoy my healthy eating and of course my exercise, once the weekend rolls around I find that it's just time to let myself have my fun. I ate healthy Monday to Friday morning, I worked out every day (except for Saturday and Sunday) and I continued to drink lots of water, get enough sleep and choose the healthier options when I could! I find that if you eat well all week a couple of "dirty" treats on the weekend won't hurt you. 



Fresh orange, melon & ginger juice from my work day at the farmers market. SO good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like balance. If I restrict myself too much I find myself unhappy and unwilling to go on. I begin to dread my workouts and I begin to obsess over food. I do not want to be someone who counts calories, macros or any of those other things. As long as I'm eating healthy and good foods 90% of the time I feel like the rest of the "dirty" 10% is just fine. 

Can I just note that I hate when we call food that is slightly unhealthy "dirty." I know I used it twice in this post but what other word can we use for it? hmm, maybe I'll just call them treats. Yep, good idea. 

Anyways, I am so glad that I have finally found a lifestyle that fits. It makes me happier and just the fact that I have been able to keep it up for over two months means I'm doing something right.  

I hope you all have yourselves a great week, think positive, live happy and be free!

xo 

No comments:

Post a comment